If you would like to add a job posting contact:
Sharon Bonney, Manager
Fax: (866) 941-5129
Follow us on:
COABE's Employment Bulletin Board
COABE is pleased to provide the following Employment Opportunities Bulletin Board, an all new benefit created especially for our members that are looking for adult education employment opportunities.
Flint Hills Technical College seeks a full-time Workforce Training Center Director to promote a positive learning environment for adult learners. The position requires a bachelor’s degree, experience and/or education in adult education or related field, strong computer skills and strong communication and leadership skills. Knowledge of business practices, including budget preparation and management, is also required. Preference will be given to candidates with a master’s degree and with teaching experience. To apply, send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Human Resources, Flint Hills Technical College, 3301 W. 18th Ave., Emporia, KS 66801 or email them to Sheri Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE. Position is open until filled.
Ronald M. Hubbs Center for Lifelong Learning seeks a full-time Supervisor to provide leadership and supervision for the development, promotion, implementation, and evaluation of Adult Basic Education programming within the District, including evening/community programming, workforce education, family literacy, GED/Adult Diploma testing, and post secondary/career transitions. Click here to apply.
Job Title: Supervisor - Adult Basic Education
Job ID: 993319
Location: Ronald M Hubbs Center for Lifelong Learning
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Provide leadership and supervision for the development, promotion, implementation and evaluation of Adult Basic Education programming within the District, including evening/community programming, workforce education, family literacy, GED/Adult Diploma testing, and post secondary/career transitions.
Report to the Director, Community Education
About the Hubbs Center
The Ronald M. Hubbs Center for Lifelong Learning (Adult Basic Education) is a program of the Saint Paul Public Schools' Community Education Department. Educational services are available to adults who want to improve their basic skills, earn a GED, prepare for employment or post-secondary education, or learn English.
• Master's degree in education, or related field
• Must hold a valid teaching license issued by the Minnesota Department of Education in adult basic education or a related subject area
• Five years of professional level experience in adult basic education, or related field, including experience in program development, training and supervising other staff members and volunteers and working cooperatively with administrative personnel, program staff, and representatives of agencies, business and labor
• Must hold, or be eligible to hold, a valid license in community education administration issued by the Minnesota Department of Education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Considerable knowledge of adult basic education philosophy and current trends in the field.
• Considerable knowledge of adult education program development and assessment.
• Considerable knowledge of curriculum development and evaluation techniques.
• Considerable knowledge of best practices for adult learning.
• Considerable knowledge of business needs and issues relating to adult education.
• Considerable knowledge of adult basic education data and Minnesota Department of Education databases.
•Considerable knowledge of federal and state laws, rules and regulations relating to adult education.
• Considerable knowledge of Professional Learning Communities and their role in Adult Basic Education.
• Considerable knowledge of managing a budget, funding options and proposal writing.
• Considerable knowledge of workforce development systems in Minnesota.
• Considerable knowledge of ABE learner needs.
• Considerable knowledge of grant management.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Effective supervisory and leadership skills.
• Considerable ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultural, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Considerable ability to organize and facilitate meetings and forums.
•Considerable ability to work well under pressure.
• Considerable ability to work on a team.
• The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
• Supervise the recruitment and selection, assignments, evaluations and in-service training of staff.
• Supervise the development and maintenance of program budgets and essential records.
• Supervise Adult Basic Education (ABE) programs and related initiatives at multiple sites.
• Lead the ABE Administrative Team.
• Coordinate ABE,GED testing and other adult literacy services with District and community programs.
• Provide on-going program facility management.
• Provide integration of ABE with Saint Paul Public School District initiatives.
• Provide fiscal oversight of ABE finances and budgeting, as well as, coordination of fiscal issues involving other members of the Saint Paul Community Literacy Consortium.
• Participate as a key member of the Community Education Administrative Team.
•Communicate a clear vision for ABE's role in the community and the state.
Provide leadership within the Saint Paul Community Literacy Consortium.
•Provide local and state leadership to the ABE field.
• Serve as administrative liaison to the Adult Basic Education Advisory Council.
•Provide leadership in the development of all ABE initiatives and programs.
• Contribute to the District's Strong Schools, Strong Communities efforts by partnering with other staff to contribute to student achievement and the alignment and sustainability of resources.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• This is a 12 month position working 40 hours per week.
• Salary and benefits are in accordance with the ASAP union negotiated labor agreement. The labor agreement and salary schedule can be found at http://hr.spps.org/Labor_Agreements.html. The minimum rate of pay for this position is $71,137 annually.
• Benefits are available to new employees after 30 days of active employment. Benefits include medical insurance, life insurance, sick leave, pension plan, tax-free retirement account, and flexible spending account. Some employee groups also receive vacation, dental insurance and disability insurance. A benefits summary is available at http://www.hr.spps.org/Benefits_Summary_by_Union.html.
How To Apply
• To be considered further, please apply for this position and attach a resume and cover letter to your online application.
• The Human Resource Department will review your application materials and contact you regarding the next steps.
• To attach additional documents to your online application, click on the "Additional Attachments" link from the applicant homepage and upload your documents as attachments. Valid file extensions for attaching a document include .doc, .txt, .rtf, and .pdf.
• Transcript - Unofficial transcripts are accepted at the time of hire. You must submit official transcripts within 30 days of your start date. Formal credential evaluation is required for post-secondary education completed outside of the United States.
• Veteran's Preference - If you are an eligible veteran applying for a job where veteran's preference applies and wish to claim Veterans Preference you must submit a legible copy of your DD214 to the Human Resource • Department with your employment application. If your claim is approved, five or ten additional points will be added to your final passing score.
• Criminal Background Investigation and Reference Checks - Reference checks and a criminal background investigation will be completed as a condition of hire for all new employees and for former employees who have not been employed by the District for more than six months.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Paul Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.
SPPS is committed to an equitable workforce where all employees represent this commitment through equitable practices in their job position.
Executive Director of Adult Education
McHenry County College is seeking an Executive Director of Adult Education. View the job description here.