To provide leadership, communication, professional development and advocacy for adult education and literacy practitioners in order to advance quality services for all adult learners.
COABE Partnering with State Directors
• COABE Partnering with State Directors (PowerPoint)
Thank you for your interest in serving on the COABE Board! So that we can get a better sense of how we can best utilize your skills and interest, please complete this short survey and send your bio, resume, and two recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Download the COABE App
The Commission on Adult Basic Education (COABE) is 15,000 members strong and growing! Check out our free app for the latest conference and members only news and developments.
Once you download the COABE App, you'll want to check out this exciting instructional video to get the most out of your experience.
I am humbled and honored that you have elected me to serve as President-Elect for the next two years. I have much to learn in preparation for my role as President, and I have completely embraced that challenge. It will be a shared journey, an exciting and challenging path that we will travel together.
Through the efforts of many past board members along with our dedicated national manager, Sharon Bonney, your voice has grown to over 13,000 strong. Our partnerships with state associations that have joined as large group members of COABE has enabled this exponential growth as well. Not only has it helped to leverage increased membership benefits, but it has given us a stronger voice on Capitol Hill on behalf of our practitioners and adult learners. It is my belief that even more valued colleagues and practitioners will join us as we explore opportunities that will assist in improving the lives of the adult learners we serve.
As a board, we will look to you for input and welcome the opportunity to tap into your talent and leadership qualities. We want to work together with you to advocate for sufficient, and hopefully additional, funding and services for our programs and the students who have entrusted us with expanding their skills and knowledge.
I sincerely look forward to meeting you and discussing our important work as we strengthen an already vibrant national organization. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, concerns, ideas, or hopes for COABE that you would like me to share with our Board of Directors.
Thank you for casting your vote in this year's COABE Board of Director's elections process!
I am pleased to share the results of our elections:
• Debbie Phillips, Vice President for Membership
• Deb Bomaster, Region 1 Representative
• Danielle Miles, Region 3 Representative
• Kim Olson, Region 5 Representative
Board terms begin on July 1, 2014.
I would like to thank our Nominations and Elections Committee which was comprised of myself, Jackie Taylor,Tom Nash, Federico Salas-Isnardi, Kaye Sharbono, and Sharon Bonney.
Executive Committee/Voting Members of the Board
• President—Ms. Jackie Taylor (2013–2015)
• President Elect—Mr. Tom Nash (2013–2015)
• Past President—Ms. Renae Harrison (2013–2015)
• Vice President and Membership Chair—Mr. Jeff Fantine (2012–2014)
• Chief Financial Officer—Ms. Kathi Medcalf (2013–2015)
• Secretary—Ms. Polly Smith (2013–2015)
Regional Representatives/Voting Members of the Board
• Region 1—Ms. Jill Holloway (2013–2014)
• Region 2—Mr. Don Finn (2013–2016)
• Region 3—Dr. Dahlia Allen (2011–2014)
• Region 4—Ms. Jody Angelone (2013–2016)
• Region 5—Mr. Hector Martinez (2011–2014)
• Region 6—Ms. Kaye Sharbono (2013–2016)
• Region 7 and Public Policy Co-Chairs—Ms. Regina Suitt (2012–2015)
• Region 8—Dr. Nancie Payne (2012–2015)
• Awards, Incentive Grants, and Scholarships—Ms. Julie Kornahrens
• Historian—Mr. Bob Weng
• Journal Editor—Dr. Jim Berger
• Professional Development—Mr. Federico Salas-Insardi
• Strategic Planning/Special Projects Co-Chairs—Ms. Kim Rossman & Ms. Marilyn Schmidt
• Manager—Sharon Bonney
• Coordinator—Michelle Chiles
• Clerical—Jessica Reals
• Clerical—Jeanette Prosser
• Clerical—Agoot Jok
• Support Staff—Tammy Reals
• Designer/Web Manager—Rob Lawrence